Women who enter our Benedictine way of life undertake a life-long process of formation and education.
This occurs in a number of ways:
- The abbess gives regular talks to the community focusing on the Rule of St Benedict, the Word of God and liturgical feasts and seasons.
- Guest speakers are invited to share their expertise with the community and offer workshops on a variety of topics.
- Solemnly Professed sisters are encouraged to study for a Bachelor of Theology online through the Broken Bay Institute.
- Sisters study monastic topics online through The Benedictine Consortium for Distance Learning.
- In recent years, some sisters have attended monastic formation courses in Rome and at St John’s Abbey, Collegeville and personal renewal courses in Australia and overseas.